10.06.2009

And...we're here...




After a busy day of cleaning, packing and airports, I have arrived in my comfy hotel room here in Atlanta (or if you're from here, @lanta). I'm here with a ministry buddy of mine, Seth Bartel, a pastor at LifePoint Church in Indy, and we are anxious for what is God is going to do through this year's Catalyst Conference. Not only am I looking forward to all of the great speakers (such as Rob Bell, Francis Chan, Andy Stanley, Tony Dungy, etc.) and events, but perhaps more exciting for me is the chance to hear from a Rwandan Bishop who lived through and has been a part of the reconciliatory efforts between the Hutsi and Tutsi tribes of Rwanda. This, of course, is interesting to me because Susan and I are currently in process of adopting a child from war-torn Rwanda.

If ever there was a ministry that the Church should get out in front of, it's orphan care. In the book of James, we are told that religion that is "pure and undefiled before God" is this-one that takes care of orphans.

Be sure to check back as I share what the Bishop shares with us....until then, good night!