10.08.2011

So, why Rwanda?

So much has happened in the last week that I simply don't have the time to get into it all at this time (I will give a more comprehensive update soon!), but there is one topic that I would like to address here that I know is on many people's minds right now and a question that we are asked often:

"Why Rwanda?" 

Of all the places in the world, why would we choose Rwanda, a nation about the same size as the state of Maryland in the middle of war-torn Africa?

Why would we choose a country that will give us not only a daughter of color, but who speaks a language most Americans didn't even know existed (Kinyarwandan)?  

"Have they lost their minds? Do they have any idea what they're in for?!" 

All fair questions-especially the last one...

Well, let me assure you, we do have reasons-many of them-as to why we have chosen Rwanda as the nation that we will adopt from. And as tempting as it is to explain all of those reasons here, for now I will keep it very simple.

So, why are we adopting from Rwanda of all places? Here's our answer:

"Because that's where our daughter is."

Check back soon for more updates and keep the prayers coming! Thank you!